Tuesday, 11 February 2014

a special find

 

I found the most gorgeous step ladder EVER.

I was picking up Wayne at work when I noticed this beauty in the middle of the training room.


You know me. I have an eye for special things. And this is special.

I had to have it. Turns out it belonged to a good friend of mine so I made an offer and this gorgeous stepladder is now living at my place.


Its in great condition considering its very old. There's some staining on the timber and the middle step has broken off. Nothing a bit of sanding and gluing can't fix.


(You don't want to know what I paid for it, but I think it was worth it.)

I already have a spot planned for this baby. I'm going to put it in the entry/pantry.

This is the plan:

The entry to our house is a tiny little area which holds the fridge and the pantry cupboard I moved from the living room. (Minus its doors as the space is too cramped for doors.) Eventually I'd like to build a custom pantry which will go over the fridge to maximise storage space. 

This is what I'd like to build (from DIY Showoff).


The main problem, however, is that any pantry will be high and I can't easily reach things on the top shelves.

This is where the step ladder comes in.

With a custom built pantry cupboard I'll have a spot for the ladder to sit, keeping it handy for when I need to step up and get something from a top shelf...

...With the added benefit of looking pretty and being one of the first things I'll see when I enter the house.

The custom pantry is a long way away, especially since I'm told that making it out of galvanised pipe will 
cost me an arm and a leg, so there's no rush to fix this beauty up, but I'm sure glad I have it!

z

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen such an exquisite step-ladder...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)