Friday, 25 April 2014

when will it all end?


I'm itchy... itching to get things moving in the kitchen.

I want it finished yesterday.

I want to move furniture in there and put things away and get organised, everything in its place, a place for everything and all that stuff.

I want to cook!

(I don't often say that.)

Handyman is putting up cornice as we speak. The plinth is up. The rangehood is almost finished.

The benchtop is still not glued together. The cornice needs undercoating and painting. The edging and trims need putting in and painting. The sink needs putting in. So does the dishwasher. The plumbing needs to be connected.

The benchtop will need 3 more coats of polyurethane.

THEN I'll be able to use the kitchen.

It seems like its still so far away. So much for "it'll be finished this week"... a sick Handyman doesn't help.

Meanwhile my patience is running really low on the mess in the house. There are things everywhere and I can't bring myself to care enough to move them, put them away or anything. Not till I can start putting things where they belong... like in the kitchen.

To make matters worse I went to get a cracker snack pack from the pantry yesterday and found mouse poop in the box and some of the packs had been chewed through and crackers eaten.

YEEECH.

I want to clean EVERYTHING. Then put it all in mouse proof plastic containers. Or glass.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Winter is really here. We started rugging the horses overnight this week and yesterday was the first time we left rugs on during the day.

It rained pretty heavily overnight and everything on the front porch got wet. When its windy and wet the rain comes in at an angle onto the porch.

I think I need to get some of those plastic roller blinds...

The garden is still looking good, most things are still flowering and looking pretty and I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I'm eager to see how it comes through winter and what grows in spring.

The potato vine is climbing up the wire trellis I put up for it and I predict it'll provide a nice spot to sit in summer. Providing we aren't pestered by so many wasps again. We had so many this year. I'm finding wasp carcasses everywhere at the moment.

I'm still working on a couple of things for the kitchen, possibly. I'm liking one of the projects I did with the milk paint but I'm still not sold on the others. We'll see...

I better go out and do something before I go stir crazy.

z

4 comments:

  1. Hi Zefi, it will all be worth it. It took two years for our renovations to be done. I thought 12 months would see it done. Now just getting the garden in order. It will be worth all the agony. I am now cooking and having visitors again. Liz & Cosette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. It's hard to "enjoy the process" when the process just drags on and on and on. Before you know it, you'll be cooking up a storm in your new fabulous kitchen !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks... I know you're right and it won't be long... but its so much easier to live with renovations when its not the kitchen or bathroom! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture! Thinking of getting my eyes tested tomorrow.... I can't trust what I'm reading.... You want to cook?? That can't be right!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)