Saturday, 22 November 2014

the answer to everything is WHITE

I like to surround myself with clever and talented people.. (Or maybe clever and talented people are attracted to me cause I'm so clever and talented...) Either way, I have really great friends who inspire me constantly.

One of those friends is my newest BFF, Patrice, who lives just down the road from here. She moved to Tasmania from interstate not long ago and we met through this very blog. She'd just bought a house and was thinking about renovating her kitchen, did a google search and found my kitchen remodel.

Small world.

We don't see eachother that much despite the fact that you could probably throw a stone from my housed to hers cause we're both always so busy - what with work and houses to dismantle and put back together... but we love to compare notes and give eachother ideas for even more projects.

Wayne has rued the day I met Patrice.

A couple of weeks ago Patrice got into high gear with her guest room as she was expecting a visitor. I love what she's done with it. Makes my guest room look downright drab and gloomy.

I'm going to share the pics Patrice sent me of the room before and after. I think the transformation is amazing and its so simple and was done really cheaply.

Basically she just painted everything Dulux Antique White USA and made her own curtains (which she's not happy with but they're ok for now or for the next few months or forever depending on her inspiration and financial situation).

This is the room before.


What? Aren't guest rooms always storage areas?


This is the room now. All fresh and bright.


Painting the walls and bed white instantly brightened the place up. Taking inspiration from the green pillow covers she selected a fabric for the curtains which looked good in the shop but turned out a little too lime for her taste. Ain't that always the way?

She also repainted this gorgeous little dresser she's had for years. I think its on its 34th coat of paint now.

It used to be a lot smaller...


You can't tell in the pic above but she repainted an old chair the same dark green in the cat print. And notice below: no more dark brown door!


Clean and simple, right?


Love it.

I think I may have to find an excuse to go stay over one night.

Just to try it out...

z

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, did make me laugh though as I am an "Antique USA" fan too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)