Sunday, 15 February 2015

small changes make the world of difference




I really do love the way the porch is looking these days. The potato vine I planted a couple of years ago has taken off and is threatening to swallow up the whole house, but it provides a calm spot to sit and read in dappled shade during the times when the sun normally sends you scurrying inside.

My various pots and containers with succulents and one pink geranium (I may be greek but I've never been a really big geranium fan) are all doing well.

I bought a couple of outdoor setting cushions for the adirondack chairs a friend made for us and they're way more comfy and inviting.


Of course, we have to bring them in when we finish our 'front porch sitting'.

Not cause of the dogs. Its the birds that worry us most.

We don't call it the poop deck for nothing!


My plan is that one day we'll put a roof over the back porch as well, making it more usable in all weather and a good spot for hot summer afternoons.

When that happens we'll still have this little corner where roofing will be a challenge. I'm not worried. I'm thinking more trellis, a pink climbing rose I'm growing from a tiny cutting, and we'll have an 'arbour' area at the corner of the porch.

How pretty will that be?

Or... I could go all Greek and put in a grape vine...

I have time... The rose is too little to go in the ground till spring and it'll be at least a year before its tall enough to need support above the rail. I have till then to find a way to convince Wayne we need a roof on that side of the porch.

z

PS I apologise to geraniums for my earlier comments. I had no idea they come in so many varieties and colours. Thanks to Google, I'm now re-evaluating my stance on geraniums and will most likely become a staunch supporter of them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)