Monday, 9 March 2015

not too much of a good thing


There's one thing you can definitely say about my blog - I never flood you with posts!

I'm a considerate blogger. I don't bury my followers in post after post, making it hard for them to keep up with all the things happening in my life while they let things in their lives slide.

Yeah right.

More like I just don't always have interesting things to share. I mean, do you really care that I recently remembered that I know the words to La Marseillaise but didn't actually know what they meant till I googled it? (Pretty bloody actually.) That I can pledge allegiance to the American flag when I'm not American? That I can quote entire scenes from Monty Python movies?

My brain is full of trivia and stuff.

Not all of it useful.

One of my workmates said she'd really like to look inside my head sometimes, but I'm sure not everyone feels that way... according to Wayne its like an explosion in an op shop in there, and he should know. He has to live with me.

There's a million ideas and plans in there, all in a jumble. Kinda like a hard drive which saves bits of files here, there and everywhere. The main problem is finding and sorting the bits into some order, then putting realistic timeframes on them. It overwhelms me.

I'm not really good at that.

I'm great at collecting things (thank you Pinterest for giving me a backup for my brain), but not good at prioritizing.

I work in spits and spurts. I get an idea and do it. I get another idea and it remains locked in my head for years till I do something about it, if ever.

Eg: the chests of drawers I did recently which I lived with for years till I felt the need to work on them. The wardrobe (will share soon) is the same. The kitchen shelves... still in my head.

Yet sometimes I'll get a sudden rush of blood to the head and I'll hare off and start cutting wood and pounding nails.

And usually these spur of the moment jobs are ones that weren't even on the To Do list.

So, since I have nothing much to say of value right now, I thought I'd share some pretty photos of the garden before things hibernate for winter.

Succulents in a rusty galvanised bucket.


Armeria in a rusty ammo box with a metal poodle.


A rusty seat with some succulents I tossed a corner near the garage.


A rusty bin with succulents.


A steamer pot with an interesting succulent. 


Have you noticed I have a lot of succulents? They're the only things that survive the hot sun on the porch. One project on the muddled To Do list in the hard drive that is my brain is a shelf outside the kitchen window for my succulent collection...

Ok. That sentence actually made sense inside my head...


The cute timber shed garden patch is beginning to look like it was meant to be there.


I'm inordinately proud of my delphiniums. I got the seeds and when nothing happened I tossed the pot into the garden. A year later I got flowers!


Another surprise was the nigella which appeared near the garage this year though I never had it before.


The old wood heater from the shed is now a home for many succulents, on top and inside.


Our yard might not be the prettiest one around, with the weeds in the lawn and the bald spots where I poisoned them, but I love my flowers and the little pockets of rusty pieces I've created.

I enjoy my garden.

z

2 comments:

  1. I love the pots you used for your succulents. Unexpected = interesting. The flowers growing near the shed are beautiful. I loved the plants we had when we lived in Ohio. There was a large variety, and many of them were quite fragrant. We had some daffodils bloom last week. Katie picked them soon after and brought them inside, because it was going to be below freezing again. Soon, more will bloom. I think (hope) we won't be having any more freezing days or nights. I think Spring is on her way! Our Vinca vine had small purple flowers, too. The leaves of a lily have pushed themselves up through the ground. It's beginning for us, and you are ready to put yours away for the season. Maybe if I post my flowers on the blog, you will get to see some color in your winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I brought home some vinca cuttings once but learned they're poisonous to horses so had to throw them out. I think they're pretty and had them in my previous house. Enjoy spring and the garden. I'll be out there soon enough, cutting everything back for winter.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)