Monday, 4 May 2015

small things big impact - a bench in the mudroom


Day 4 - A bench in the mudroom


Do you remember when I made this little cabinet for my shoes? I always intended it to live in the mud room as a bench as well as storage. But up till recently we've always had a dog bed in that spot, somewhere for the dogs to get out of the weather.

Well, winter is coming, and I decided it was time to move the dog beds off the porch and out of the mud room and into the grooming room. Two birds: warmer dogs and we reclaim our porch and mudroom.



So the cabinet moved into the mud room. Its still not finished in there. I had planned to paint all the walls white, but I decided to leave that wall natural, showing the old weathered timber we lined the walls with. It really shows off the drawer front coat hangers I made.

This is another of the small changes and updates which I'm finally catching up on and which make so much of a difference.

The photos make the mudroom look ok, but its not really. Its filthy, the white squares on the vinyl are so grimey and so hard to clean. Possibly not the best choice for a mud room...

Oh well. Choices are made, things are done, decisions are proved to be wrong. Such is life. 

I still love my floor, but maybe not in this house, in this yard, with these dogs and with this man.

:)

z

1 comment:

  1. Bosh...If we always thought that are choices would be wrong, we'd be immobilized! Good for keepin' on, keepin' on! Love the bench!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)