Monday, 8 February 2016

what to do with the foundry cogs


When I saw these little beauties I just knew I had to have them.

No idea what I'd do with them.

I just knew I wanted them.

They're cute.

"I have no idea what this is, but I love the shape" has lead to a whole lot of interesting acquisitions!

Anyway, I was thinking about what I could do with them and went into the workshop to have a little look...


What do you think? Aren't these the bestest jewellery holders you've ever seen?


These are the two smallest of the cogs. The bottom bits are lamp bases which I've had for a while (cause I knew I'd need them for something special one day!) They're not attached yet as I was just trying them out. When I do finish them I'll need to put small nails on the ends of each tooth to hold the chains on effectively.


The tops make great spots for earrings or bracelets. In fact, I'm thinking I'd need to keep both cause they're just perfect for different items... longer chains, shorter chains...


The largest cog is currently trying out this tall base I have... I'm not really sure what this is from and its not perfect. If I decide to go this way I'll paint it white cause I love the black and white look...


The biggest cog has way more space on top for smaller items of jewellery too.


So, what do you think? I have to go ahead with this, right? I mean, they're perfect!


I was thinking of wall art, maybe, but without any real plan... can you think of anything better?


Go on. I challenge you... Tell me if there's anything you can think I could use the cogs for and I'll consider all ideas. Otherwise I'm making these permanent! :)

z

Shared at:








2 comments:

  1. Those foundry cogs are fabulous Zefi. The two with the tall middles remind me of old hats. I love what you did with them! I think they make beautiful jewelry displays. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Charm. Hope to see you at the next party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very creative project. I will certainly keep my eyes open for cogs in my travels so I can give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)