Thursday, 29 September 2016

sculpture and soul searching

I had a comment about how I'm blogging a lot lately. Unlike the huge gaps between posts most of the other time.

The fact is I know I'm a poor blogger. Good thing I'm not trying to make money from this blog!

I began blogging as a way to share news and photos of our lives with friends overseas. Then I began to share projects and got into the whole DIY/repurpose/recycle blog thing. I enjoy that stuff, I do it for myself anyway, why not share with others who like the same thing? Makes sense, right?

But... there are days I just don't feel like blogging. I have nothing to say, I can't be funny, or I'm flat. Its one of those vicious circles: when I feel good I'm creative, when I don't create I feel flat. And work sometimes drains me to the point where all I want to do when I get home is curl up and zonk out in front of the TV.

On those days I think about giving up the blog. I mean, who cares what I make or do? I'm just some random person living on a small island on the bottom of the world. I have nothing important to say. 

I think the only reason I blog and share is cause I'm a showoff. I used to accuse my brother of being a showoff when we were kids but turns out I'm the one. 

Who knew...

Anyway, I'm still here, still blogging even if sporadically at times. You could say I like to be unpredictable. Like with the stuff I blog about. Its not all DIY, craft, decorating, gardening or any one thing in particular. Its a blog about me and my life - and I'm a wierd kind of jack of all trades kind of person.

So today I'll share some sculptures. The theme was 'body'... so body parts it is. As I found when making the animals, I love sculpting.



These sculptures are more along the lines of ART than the animals. I wanted them to look like an unfinished work.



Here they are finished. Difficult to photograph cause they're so bright white. 



Unfortunately the wire nose ring burned off in the second firing. I'll try to replace it but the bit remaining is in really firmly. I also need to make earrings to go in the holes I made in the ear.

So there you go. Another completely different thing.

z

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zefi ;) I've only recently come across your blog and love it. It's understandable that you don't feel like blogging every day/week/whatever, but I love to read what you're up to DIY-wise or otherwise. There would be many disappointed readers if you gave it away...no pressure...!
    Cheers Colleen in Canberra, where it's also been Very Wet (and continuing...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Colleen. That's kind of what I want - to entertain or inspire or at least be used as a bad example to people! If I'm doing that, then I guess I'm doing the right thing by blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)