Friday, 19 May 2017

nostalgia and second childhoods


Who out there remembers these little fairies on a stick?

I remember them. I remember the Show every year in Griffith NSW where I spent the first 9 years of my life more or less. We'd go to the show and ride the rides, pat the animals, eat junk food, get show bags, and I'd always get a fairy on a stick.

I still love shows, but they no longer sell fairies on sticks. Not that I'd buy one any more...

Well, see that little mint green one there? She's mine. I bought her. She now lives in my office.

Yes, the older I get the more I get nostalgic for things from my past, even kewpie doll fairies on sticks.

Am I the only one?

z

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen one of those fairies on a stick. It may be because I live in the U.S.A. I can see how little girls (and reminiscing women) would love to collect those. They're so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)