Wednesday, 13 February 2013

tea light chandelier

I had this idea that I'd like to try making a dangle which could hold a tea light and shine on its own light, not just rely on the sun hitting beads and crystals.


So when I found these tiny little glass craft bottles, I thought they'd be perfect for the job!

First I filled them with a mix of pink and yellow crackle glass beads and aurora borealis beads. Then I made little wire hooks for them.


I found a little cup shaped metal bowl in my junk collection and an old vegetable steamer. 

Put them together...

Perfect.


I tested it out with a tealight in it, just to see how it looks. 

Sort of like a cross between a spaceship and a jellyfish.


But it brings a smile to people's faces when they look at it and go "Hey! That's a vegetable steamer!"


Yeah. But with a difference!

z

Shared at:

Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time
What we accomplished Wednesday at Green Willow Pond
 

2 comments:

  1. Found you at Knick of Time, now following. This is clever. I like the color of beads you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, girlie!!! Very funky and futuristic. I want to steal the idea and make one for my alien loving friends!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)