All I did this year was pick up half a door I'd been using in the casita as a spray painting base, draw a tree on it with chalk and sit it on the wood heater. That was my Christmas tree.
Oh, I also climbed on a ladder and put fairy lights on the trellis in the garden. They're not working properly. Great.
Oh well. I tried.
We just had a couple of good friends come over for Christmas lunch. I baked melomakarona on Christmas eve and Wayne roasted a turkey roll, a leg of lamb and a bit of beef.
'Cause, apparently, you can't have too much meat.
Our friend Chris brought over a ham ('cause.... see above), and Patrice brought cheese and nibbles and a great sweet potato salad. We also had prawns and I made a greek salad and individual pavlovas. I topped them with raspberries picked from our garden this morning.
We started on nibbles and drinks around 11.30am and had 'lunch' around 5pm. All I had was a plate of salads and 2 small slices of ham and one of lamb. Then my pav.
'Cause there's always room for dessert.
Now I can't move.
I've lost my ability to over-eat.
Presents-wise its been good. I got a new portable cd player cause my old one broke ages ago. I use it while grooming or doing DIY projects. Its essential.
I also got another power tool to add to my collection! Wayne got me an electric staple gun. Yeah!
I think I may try reupholstering an old armchair I have in my office... stay tuned for that badly done makeover in the new year...


No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)