Tuesday, 22 March 2016

another record table

Yes, I mentioned a new record table. It was in the photo I shared in my last post. I forgot I hadn't actually posted about it...

Honest mistake.

So, here it is, in a rustic setting.


I don't know if you remember, but I did make a record table before. I had a stool base with hairpin legs but no top and thought a record would make a great top for it.

It was great. I sold it at one of the markets.

I regretted it.

I made another one. Not as pretty. No hairpin legs. This one was a stool with a top when I found it. A ratty top which I promptly dispatched to the great broken stool home in the sky.

All I did to make this table was give the legs a wash, buy new rubber stoppers as it only had one left, dust off the old gramophone record and use a crapload lots of liquid nails to glue it together.



Simple.

Effective.

Cute.

I put it in the living room and for ages I used it to hold my coffee cup as I watched TV or worked on the laptop. Then one night I forgot myself and put my feet on it.

I don't recommend you do that. Gramophone records are really brittle.

Out came the liquid nails again. This time I glued the new record to the old one, making it double thickness.

Its back holding the remotes right now. And I have a footstool for my feet.

It pays to remember what things are for. Footstools are for feet. Brittle 33.5 record side tables are for a cup of coffee. And perhaps a bowl of popcorn. A small one.

z

Shared at:




4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous table Zefi, and a great repurpose! I hope you pop over and share it at Vintage Charm. The party's on right now. I hope to see you there. Tuula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zefi, I'm visiting from Vintage Charm. I love your table. I'd like to make one myself someday, but it's all about finding the right base, isn't it? Thanks for the inspiration, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zefi! Just popping back in to say thanks for sharing your wonderful table at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)