Saturday, 12 March 2016

rustic tea light holder


This is one of those projects I had lying around for ages. Its probably from some kind of gun safe, two bits of old timber with holes, just waiting for a makeover. I had it for so long I can't remember where it came from.

I started making into a tea light holder a couple of years ago but then just left it in the shed till it got buried under piles of other projects 'to do'.

Then one day I just sort of got inspired to finish it with some nuts and a rusty hinge.




It might not be exactly fire safe as far as tea light holders go.... but hey! You can put LED tea lights in it!

And its rustic and cute.

Those things count for a lot in my world.


I took it to a local shop and it sold straight away.

So there you go. Rustic and cute won out over fire safe for someone other than me!

Meanwhile I know its been a long time since I posted last. The cataract surgery in my right eye was not easy to get over. For the last month I've had tired eyes, dry eye, blurry vision and I've just been too tired to do anything online or any craft at all.

Luckily, my left eye, which was done 2 days ago, has been the total opposite. Its been a success from day one. Almost no pain after surgery, very little blurry vision or discomfort. Thank goodness as I was getting pretty depressed about the whole thing.

Both eyes are much better now and I can see well... except now my near vision is worse than it was before and I need to wear glasses (at least those magnifying ones from the chemist) in order to do any close up work. That means that sewing or fine craft work means glasses. Since I can't get used to wearing glasses and looking up OVER them rather than through them, I get awful dizzy spells when I wear them. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

The good news is that apparently my eyesight won't get any worse from this point on so I'll have plenty of time to get used to the new eyes.

z




2 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)