Tuesday, 20 October 2015

zip junk necklace

 
Have you ever looked at junk or steampunk jewelry and thought "I want to make one of those"?

I do every time I see them on Pinterest, so I decided it was time to try making one of my own... my own way.



It was so much fun! I've always had tons of junk (obviously!) so I had a lot of things to choose from.

I started with an old zip as the base. Then I began building on it using old bits of jewelry, buttons, beads, a tiny spanner, rusty safety pin, bits of chain... even a rusted through bottle top... all kinds of things.

(I really am a magpie!)


Its not just a necklace, its a piece of art! I had it entered in the Salvaged Art Competition last month but before that I had it hanging on the wall and it looked great.

z

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! You are such a creative soul! I hope you win the competition. I have plenty of doo-dads to do something like this. I'll put it on my never-ending list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I didn't win. Didn't even get a commendation! But thats ok! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)