Thursday, 6 April 2017

one chair-back, three ways


What do you do with a broken chair? Fix it or throw it away, right? Or... you can re-use it as something else. For instance, you can make it into a shelf, a photo display or a coat rack. I know. Just look at Pinterest. There's tons of ideas there. 

I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted mine to be, but I found the bits to make it into an adaptable chair-back - it'll adapt to any situation you put it in! Just pick a room and it'll fit in with what you need it to do. Or be.

The best bit, I think, is the antique curtain rod holders I found. I've had these rusted and bent things for a few years, just waiting for the perfect project to use them on. They're just so cute with their little flower topped screws for holding in the curtain rod.


I got a couple of bulldog clips - with the requisite amount of rust on them - and added those to the back to hold things... 

So, here are some options: 

1.  Kitchen utensil hanger. It can hold handy kitchen tools and recipes.


2. Garden tool hanger. The bulldog clips are a handy place for seed packets and gardening gloves.


3. Hand towel holder. The clips can hold shopping lists or notes.


I also tried the variation of a tea towel on the rod... it works, but the I think it works best as a hand towel roll holder. Hand rolls really struggle to look good in a kitchen and this kind of dresses it up in my opinion.



So where will it live? I'm not sure. I have to think about it. All three ideas work.

Till then it waits to find its home...

z

Featured at:



Shared at:




7 comments:

  1. I like the idea of putting clips on the back, maybe for coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this repurpose and I love the antique curtain rod holders that you added! Thank you for linking up to Talk of the Town! You are my pick for next Tuesday's party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. Sometimes being indecisive is a good thing. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the rings you used on your rods to hang the kitchen and garden tools. I'd love to know where to find them or a tutorial if you made them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)