Saturday, 1 March 2014

look what i found

I got a great email the other day from Laure,l from The North End Loft, telling me she had featured my tin crown in her Friday Finds post. Thank you Laurel!

http://www.thenorthendloft.com/2014/02/friday-finds.html

It got me thinking. Lots of bloggers do 'finds' type of posts once a week and its a great way to share things with your friends and followers. Maybe I should do it...

Then again I'm a 'fair weather' blogger. Sometimes I post a lot, other times I disappear for weeks and my friends have been known to phone E.T. to intercede on my behalf in case if I've been abducted.

Its all very well to have time to do everything I try to cram into my day, then I have to find time to blog. And most of the time I'm just too tired at the end of the day to answer emails, let alone be creative and blog.

I think I will join the 'finds' club, but make it a random thing... you know, more like a surprise than a reliable weekly thing.

So, in the spirit of sharing interesting things I've seen, been inspired by or found... here is the best idea for displaying art. I found it while browsing The North End Loft. Laurel made up boards with pegs and clips up different art according to the room and the mood. Isn't it brilliant?


I think I'm going to make some of these for myself. There is only so much wall space in this house and there is just so much I'd like to display. Changeable displays are a wonderful idea.

Here are some great finds from a garage sale up the road a week ago. I love this old fashioned bike light...  it'll make a great something one day. And those clamps. I have ideas for those already, but you'll see how one has already come in handy in an upcoming post. 


I also found these two old scales to add to my collection. (Anything over 3 is a collection and I now have 4 of the hanging type and 5 of the table type scales). This first is wonderfully chippy with that lovely old fashioned green on the back.



The other has a lovely patina of rust and green. They're both hanging on the side of the house for the time being, replacing the plants I had in hanging baskets.



Most of the plants I had in pots have gone into the ground now. The garden is looking wonderful. Most of the plants I put in have grown and the place is starting to look like someone loves it. If I continue in this vein my garden will soon look like a little old lady lives here.





- You know. The older the you get the more into gardening you are... the best cottage gardens usually belong to little old ladies who've been gardening for 30 years.

z

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)