Wednesday, 29 April 2015

junking finds

I may have been flat out busy, but somewhere along the line I still managed to do some shopping. In tip shops. My favourite place to shop.

I found some great stuff, I even found a few things I was actually after.

What happened was I spent one day doing the rounds of the shops looking for particular things to finish projects or for displaying items in upcoming exhibitions.

One find which wasn't on the list but I had to have was this baker's basket. Galvanised iron, big... what's not to love?




And its from a greek bakery. How appropriate is that?

I already have an idea of what I'm going to do with this beauty. Stay tuned.

This hay bale hook was inside a coal bin I bought at an auction (will be sharing that separately). Isn't it gorgeous? Wayne has a collection of these so it won't be wasted, even if I don't make it into something else.


I got a collection of legs, and more hand sander thingies. I can't resist those things.


And these two cute stools. I actually bought them both for the legs - as a way to display some seat pads made at work, but they're cute. They will be remade into side tables most likely.



Lastly, here are a couple of things I got last time I went to the auction house and forgot to share. I adore the vent top, isn't it lovely? for now I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I'm going to display/use it somewhere.


All in all, a successful shopping trip.

z

1 comment:

  1. The vent top is a special find, and I like the legs on those stools — especially the three-legged one. It's so unique.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)