Saturday, 13 May 2017

plants for sale


Nothing wrong with diversifying, right? I mean, I groom dogs for a living and I make stuff and I garden. And my garden produces flowers and flowers produce seeds and I end up with more plants and more seeds. Its the circle of life.

As Neil once said on The Young Ones, "we sow the seed, nature grows the seed, then we eat the seed, and after that, we sow the seed, nature grows the seed, then we eat the seed..."

Except for the eating part. I don't eat my flowers. I admire them. Then collect seeds, sow seeds, grow seeds, you get the picture. As a result I have baby plants growing. I can't use them all, so I normally sell them at markets here and there. 

Well, I decided that instead of having my plant nursery along the back of the casita where no one sees them, I'd put some out the front of the new grooming room so my customers can see them. That way, if anyone sees something they like they can buy it while I give 'rover' a new do.


I made the cute little sign using a timber offcut and acrylic paint. The large basket they're sitting in is a galvanised bakery basket I've had for a few years. I put some metal legs on it and for the last 2-3 years we've lined it with burlap and used it to hold carrots for the horses in winter.




I do love my galvanised metal things!


One of my favourite pastimes is moving things around, assigning new uses to old things, etc. 

I wonder how Wayne will feel about the carrot bin disappearing.... hm. He wasn't too impressed with the wood box moving to Stalag 13 to house chickens...

z

Shared at: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)