Wednesday, 4 June 2014

accidental stripes


You know how sometimes things work out in ways you never expected? Well, that's how it turned out with the striped blind in the kitchen.

One morning soon after I installed the blind I went outside as the sun came up and noticed the way the stripes in the blind and the stripes on the enclosed porch side sort of matched. It was totally accidental - when Handyman was enclosing the end of the porch he used some of the old bits of timber from the front of the house where the window was put in. The new timber is unpainted, the old timber is the light yellow the house was originally painted.

I kinda like it.

I'm considering painting the enclosed area two colours - the antique white I used on the posts and the white pepper I used on the house and the handrail slats. It'll be way more subtle than it is now, but it might be interesting.

Then again, it might be stupid and it'll be a ton more work...

So, what else's has been happening?

Well, the office floor is half sanded. I've finished a couple of projects and am close to finishing another. Plus I've started on the costumes for the movie we're making at work.

Other than that, I've been having a quiet time.

ha.

More later. Check back soon.

z

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)