Saturday, 7 December 2013

the lost blog is found again

Billy, the great naked hunter, seconds before he dove into the river after some ducks.

Long ago, when I first started blogging, I was using Shine on Yahoo.

Then, one day, Yahoo changed its settings and you had to register and do some jumping through hoops to keep using Shine, which they'd changed as well... Don't ask me. My brain stopped working when I went to post and found I had to log in and register differently. So I went looking for another, easy place to blog.

I tried to transfer all my old posts over to blogger.com but couldn't find a way to do that, so I wrote it off as gone. I may be a whizz at doing design work on a computer, but when it comes to technical stuff... forget it!

After that, I couldn't find my old blog anywhere. Shine no longer existed and it seemed the whole thing was lost forever.

When I did a search on google I found one post and from there I was able to find the whole thing. Only now its in archives.

I started blogging in May 2010. I set it up before my first trip to Greece since moving to Tasmania in 2003, so that I could keep in touch with friends while I was away, and to have a record of my trip. When I thought the blog was lost my only comfort was that I'd made a photobook of the trip and used posts from the blog in it.

Anyway, you can see the old blog and read posts by going to this link. It was a great trip and the posts I shared at that time were funny and I'm glad they're not totally lost. All those family stories I shared... I didn't want to have to post about them all again, like an old person telling the same stories over and over to a bored audience who can recite them word for word after all the times they've heard them.

It seems like such a long time ago.

I was living in Fentonbury, I still had Billy and Scooter and Pagan were still alive... sigh.

z

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)