Sunday, 16 February 2014

its sinking in

Ok.

Deep breath.

I think I've narrowed it down.

I realised that whichever way I go, I need a sink with the space to put in two taps. See, we have rainwater tanks. And those tanks only work when the pump is working. ie if there's a blackout we have no water in the house.

Or we wouldn't have water in the house if we didn't also have a gravity feed from the bore water tank.

Sure, the water isn't the nicest to drink, but you can use it to wash up (to save rainwater) and cook with. For that reason we have 2 taps in the kitchen and in the bathroom. The mixer tap for 'real' water, and a regular cold water tap for the bore water.

So, after all that stuffing around yesterday and the tossing and turning last night, the conclusion I've come to is that NONE of those sinks I'd narrowed down to my list of 3 will do. None of them have enough space around the rim for 2 taps.

I now have a new list of 3, two of them are economical in price and come in shiny stainless steel, one is more expensive (but cheaper than the Franke) and comes in brushed stainless steel.

Needless to say I'm leaning towards the most expensive, brushed stainless one. Its called Posh. That's so me... (not). Its got a bigger, deeper large bowl and a 1/2 bowl and overall size is 1050mm.

Next on the list are the Squareline sinks. Those are pretty much a tie in as much as bowl sizes, one has a 3/4 2nd bowl, the other has a 1/2 second bowl. Those are 980mm wide and 1080mm wide. If they done have the Posh in stock I'll chose one of the others. They're sold at the hardware store and they have plenty in stock. Or so they told me.

I choose to believe them.

So, I've made a decision. On Monday when the girl from the plumbing store calls to let me know if they can get the Franke in for me in time I'll tell her I want the Posh instead, find out if they have one in store and go pick it up after work.

If they don't I'll just go buy one of the others.

Get the darn thing done and over with.

Now, on other news, I sit here while Handyman and significant other pull out the pantry in the kitchen. They already pulled out the corner unit so the electrician can put the wire in for the dishwasher. I've spend most of the day till now moving stuff from the pantry and rearranging things in the kitchen.

This is the bit I dislike about renovating.

The good news is that we have floorboards under the lino and under the masonite!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we rip out the rest of the kitchen cupboards we'll lift up the flooring so the new cupboards can go on the floorboards!

That discovery really made my day!

Now I'm pondering whether to risk painting a bit on the porch rails. Will it rain? They said chance of early afternoon showers... Yesterday it poured and thundered. But the sun is playing hide and seek... The potato vine is saying 'please paint so I can grow upwards' but the sun is saying 'go on, I dare you to paint'... decisions...

z

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)