Friday, 8 May 2015

small things big impact - the bathroom gets cleaned out

 

Day 8 - breathing space in the bathroom


Nothing much to show for today... but I did clean the bathroom. Its been months. Seriously. I'd clean the sink and shower but things just piled up on all the surfaces... today I went in there and gave it a good clean and tidy. I even went through the medicine cabinet and my makeup and tossed out anything that was old and not used.

Except for my perfume. I don't use it often but I do love it when I do.

Since our bathroom is a disgrace, I'm only sharing tiny bits of it at once cause its like the funniest joke in the world (according to Monty Pythons Flying circus). You can only be shown one bit at a time for your own safety.

Above are my wire ducks. Love those things. They hold soap bars on the middle shelf I put up a couple of years ago.


The bottom shelf holds two wire baskets I got from... you guessed it! A tip shop! They hold hand towels and bathmats.

Or they do when I do the washing...



The top shelf holds my collection of bottles. Most of them are old bottles I dug up from a corner of my yard in Fentonbury.


Below the shelves, in the corner the bathtub used to be in, is a big square basket I'm using as our laundry basket. I lined it (badly) with some grain sacks. One day I'll get some ticking and do a better job.


A little air plant lives in a tiny galvanised planter given to my by a friend. The fat pig is a Chinese good luck symbol.

At least that's what I was told.


I have quite a few old tins in the bathroom, and a few enamel mugs. The tins are purely decorative but I use the mugs. I also use the old wooden caddy to keep stuff looking tidy. (It only works till we use the bathroom next).


Wayne keeps his stuff in the old timber medicine cabinet I refinished years ago.


The rest of the little tin collection sits on top of the medicine cabinet. This cabinet was in the office (which was a bedroom back then) when we bought the house. How odd.


All in all, I feel better about our ugly bathroom. I threw out a bag of stuff and its much less cluttered.

z

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and leave feedback! Come back soon. :)